Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Trivia Quiz Wrap Up & More

It's time to wrap up my "Another 5,000 Views Post Quiz Contest". I would like to thank all of those who went back and checked out the past posts that were part of this quiz. 

Before I announce the winner, let's review the questions and give you the answers. 

Question 1: Where in Chicago did I unexpectedly find a Realistic brand cassette tape recorder?
Answer: As I shared in my September 12, 2012 post, I saw one in a display in the American Girl doll store. 

Question 2. While in Chicago, Paula and I went to see the Yankees play the White Sox. What Yankee had 4 hits in that game including a home run?

Answer: Since this is question 2 the answer is #2, future hall of famer, "The Captain", Derek Jeter. 
In my September 4, 2012 post I recapped the game we saw at US. Cellular Field including Jeter's 4 for 4 night which was just a triple short of the cycle. 

Question 3.This is a two-part question. 
What is the name of the fountain I saw in Grant Park while visiting Chicago and on what 1990s TV show was the fountain seen as part of the program's opening?   

Answer: Buckingham Fountain is located in Grant Park in the Windy City. 
And it appears in the opening 5 seconds of the 1990s Fox sit-com: Married With Children. 

Question 4.In September 2012 I got a new job. In what town was my new job located? 

Answer: In my September 25, 2012 post I wrote that my 3 month search for a new job was over. I would be working in the town of Glasgow, KY.  


Question 5.Whose story did I share in my last post of 2012?

Answer: I put up my last post for the year 2012 on October 14 (I can't remember why it was my last but it was). I told the astounding story of something that happened to a family who went to my church. I gave them the pseudonyms: Paul, Tina, and Suzie Whitaker. 

As I reread the post while preparing my quiz, I was once again touched by the remarkable way that God took care of Paul through their whole ordeal. If you haven't already, highly recommend that you go back and reread this post. 

So there you have the answers to my past post quiz.   

I have chosen a winner and notified him by email. He has asked to remain anonymous and I will respect his request for privacy. But I can use his initials. So congratulations to A.J. from Florida. I'm sure you'll enjoy the music purchased with the $15 I-Tunes card.  

And now for the "& More" part of this post. I want to show you my latest in Lego. 

Just last night I finished assembling one of the coolest Lego kits I own. It's from the Lego Architecture product line. It is part of the series of Lego interpretations of the skylines of major cities around the world. This one is the New York City skyline. 
 Represented in this model are the NYC landmarks: (left to right) The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Flatiron Building, and One World Trade Center. 

I have a larger model of both the Flatiron and Empire State buildings. As I put this set together I couldn't help but wonder if there will ever be a Lego Architecture set of the original World Trade Center towers. I would love to have one as a memorial to all they represent. But I doubt that will ever happen. 

Again, thanks to everyone who took part in my 5000K quiz. Keep reading the blog I'm sure there will be another give away soon. 


No comments: